We live in a world where young girls don’t want to eat breakfast because they are too scared to get fat. They are pushing away nourishing food because they think starving themselves will make them beautiful.
The age of those becoming more insecure about their bodies are getting younger and younger and it is so sad. They are consuming a lot more content on the Internet where they get to see all of these models at their fingertips.
As they grow older they harbor these insecurities which infest their bodies with self-doubt, body image problems, lack of confidence to the point it can be crippling. I want to release women from these insecurities. Not only does it affect you mentally but holding onto this tension also affects you physically. So, if you have made it this far and you want a healthy change read onto my golden nuggets that every woman should know.
- No matter how fit you are, when you sit down there will be rolls, no matter how much you slave away at the treadmill, you will have rolls. Rolls are a sign of health, we need fat in order to protect our organs and to regulate hormones. That is why when people lose too much weight they can endanger their period.
- When someone tells you that you’re beautiful, believe them. They aren’t lying. People don’t just say things for the sake of it. We have to learn to acknowledge the compliment, as hard as that may be. Also, have you ever thought that if you tell them that they are being ridiculous, that may actually hurt their feelings? How? Because they are using their judgment and their perspective so you’re basically shutting them down.
- As the phrase goes, “I’m an independent woman who doesn’t need no man.” Don’t look for a man to save you. You are your own savior, find a way to save yourself. You are capable. You are strong and you can achieve anything you put your mind to.
- It’s okay to not love every part of your body….but you should. When I started thinking about everything my body allows me to achieve, I couldn’t help but love it. It’s a vessel that gets me from A to B. My body allows me to play with my kids, to swim and enjoy my pool, go out and enjoy the sun, to keep up with my family. Nourish your body and it will return the favour. Love your body and you will start seeing it for what it truly is.
- Have you ever felt a little envious of a friend that is killing it in their life? Maybe you even wish you had her life, well I’m here to let you know that someone is probably thinking the exact same thing about you. Instead of being envious, celebrate it and even reflect on why you feel the way you do. Finding these root causes can help determine what is missing and how you can fix it for yourself.
- You should be a priority. Not an option, a last resort, or a backup plan. Say it louder for the women in the back! You are not a backup plan. You are the only plan and if anyone makes you feel this way, give yourself some grace, and walk away because you do not deserve that!
Every woman is remarkable. It doesn’t matter what they look like or how they think others perceive them. These perspectives aren’t derived from others but in reality, they are born from within ourselves. These perspectives aren’t based on facts that are almalgamated with our own insecurities, pressures, and forecasts.
They can’t be trusted. They don’t come from a viable source and you have to tell them that they don’t belong. My programs and LIVES are all about teaching women body confidence, about them feeling as fresh as they were when they were a teenager. Giving them back that energy and time because let’s face it worrying about things takes up a lot of time and energy, now they have time to focus on things they love to do!
If you are wanting a pick me up and just to be in great company. Come to BooB CamP and join the group of amazing women changing their outlook and lives a day at a time!